Cranbrook School is seeking an experienced Presiding Officer for the 2018 Higher School Certificate. The Presiding Officer will need to be available to supervise the official external HSC Exams from Monday 15th October 2018 to Friday 9th November 2018 and must have own car and current driving license.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Presiding Officer is responsible for managing the preparation, conduct and supervision of the Higher School Certificate (HSC) examinations.
• Liaising with the delegate for the exam rooms, set-up, including provision for extra students and additional rooms if required for examinations with a listening component or students granted disability provisions
• Following all directions which have been given by NESA about security and administrative procedures
• Maintaining security at all times of the examination papers and materials
• Maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
• Following and observing NESA’s Policies and Procedures regarding disability provisions and illness/misadventure applications
• Following and observing all Child Protection, Emergency Evacuation and Workplace Health and Safety procedures and policies.
• Previous experience in a similar role (highly regarded)
• Intermediate + MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to remain focused and calm
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to manage students and effectively
• Supervision of examination supervisors
• Exceptional organisational and problem solving skills.
• The successful applicant must be available from Monday 15 October 2018 to Friday 9 November 2018.
• Current driver’s license and a reliable car.
A current Working with Children Check will b e required
• The following restrictions on eligibility for employment as a Test Supervisor exist:
• A person who has a child or near relative sitting the 2018 Higher School Certificate Examinations cannot be appointed as Presiding Officer.
• Clerical staff, casual, relief, part-time or permanent teachers employed at Cranbrook School cannot be appointed as Presiding Officer.
Applications close Wednesday 18 July 2018.
Please note only short listed applicants will be contacted.